Tuesday, August 2, 2011

BalleCore BARRE PILATES

Amazing that it has been since May that I last posted something here!  Busy.  The business of setting up an out of State BARRE PILATES teacher training was filled with missteps and totally unnecessary bureaucratic twists and turns reminding me of how much corporate structures can muck up a simple, elegant idea!  At last I got to the training and had a great group of instructors who really seemed to embrace the unique BalleCore Barre and BARRE PILATES program and we could finally enjoy the process of the workshop! 

Though it seems like it should be straight forward, it is actually a fragile process where we all come together hoping we'll get what we came for!!  And in my case, that I will be able to give what I came to deliver in an accessible way!  I fully enjoy this work and the transformative potential it offers people, particularly women, for their posture, balance and sense of connection to their core.  Let's face it, once we have THAT so many things, literally, click into place...

2 comments:

  1. Wish I was there so you could teach me Charlyn. We have been on a similar journey, albeit using slightly different approaches. I like the idea of aging with strength, balance and quality of life!

    Angela Davenport Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Angela! I'm really impressed with your transformation! Thank you for sharing your journey on your blog and how it is so beyond the 'physical' to really care for this body in life. You would probably like Pilates - It can keep you running and enjoying it! I trained with Body Arts & Science International(BASI) Creator, Rael Isacowitz, and he is still a mentor and muse for me - his videos are some of the best around, I think. In fact, at a Pilates conference in November I ran into a BASI instructor I'm acquainted with from down there named Sally Anderson. The studio website is http://www.pilatesint.com/instructors_sydney.htm - If you get the inkling to try it out! Charlyn ;)

    ReplyDelete