Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The BalleCore Barre

This weather is fantastic!  Spring cold and rain are different from winter's offerings.  The rain brings all the promise of a great Spring garden and the cold is just the last gasp before Summer heat settles in! 

As usual, I am fully enthralled right now with BalleCore and BARRE Pilates.  I am exploring some fun, intricate and effective moves with the BalleCore barre and just looking forward to more and more depth with these programs and this odd devise!

The simplicity of the BalleCore barre is so deceiving.  I have been working with it in every way, I thought, I could think of for 9 years now and recently I have turned another corner of understanding that there is much more to learn!  Completely inspired by Madeline Black and Elizabeth Larkham at Pilates on Tour, AZ (where I presented BalleCore Master Classes in April), I have not only significantly healed my own wrist by another huge leap, but have found new ways to use the BalleCore barre to heal my own and my clients' wrist, elbow, shoulder issues with it!

At first glance, the BalleCore barre is simple, elegant and useful.  It intrigued me from the start and teaching teachers to use it is so much fun because I can see the lights going on in their eyes when they think of or, talk about all the different clients that will benefit from using it; they can see how it can get results. 

I spoke with a potential client today who said that she and a couple of friends wanted to come and try a Pilates class in the evening and I explained that we currently only offer a BalleCore Workout class in the evening.  She said she was interested but that on of her friends was looking for a Pilates class and she wasn't sure she could get her to come to a BalleCore class.  I explained that if her friend liked Pilates she would probably love BalleCore, but she would have to come and try a class to know.  I promised her that even if she still prefers just straight Pilates, she will get a great workout!  There is no time to waste in life and I try not to disappoint!

The BalleCore Workout class really moves so most people enjoy the feeling of total body conditioning that they get, but life doesn't come in one-size-fits-all packages!  I love teaching it and my classes are usually full, so I let this guide me forward and the people who come regularly are on this journey with me.  My weekly client Julia who drives from Brentwood (!) shakes her head and says, "How can you make it just different enough every week to keep me coming back?! I love it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment